University of Florida, Levin College of Law
Pollack Badawi Group LLC (PBG) has been exclusively retained by the University of Florida Levin College of Law to fill this position.
The Director of Employer Outreach of the Levin College of Law will lead and develop a strategic outreach plan to enhance existing and new relationships with top legal employers. Specifically, the Director will develop initiatives to increase student placement with AmLaw 200 law firms, federal judges, and top legal employers nationally. The Director will conduct and coordinate outreach to potential employers in legal markets nationwide and related employment sectors. The Director will be responsible for soliciting new employers, conducting industry research, actively marketing UF Law students and alumni, implementing on-campus interview programs, and creating opportunities for new employers to connect with students and alumni.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB AND THE PERCENTAGE OF TIME SPENT ON EACH FUNCTION
Conduct outreach to potential employers and coordinate employer outreach by faculty, administrators, and alumni. Develop and execute programming and strategies to educate potential employers about the strengths of our students, expand the number of employers interviewing our students, and advocate for our students with employers nationwide. Develop and execute strategies to place more of our students in elite law firms, prestigious public interest positions, and federal clerkships. Design and implement programs and processes to track the specific needs of legal employers, to identify students well-positioned to meet those needs, and to foster connections between employers and students.
Develop and execute on-campus interview programs, including the creation of regional interview and recruitment programs for students and recent graduates. These programs shall include an increased emphasis on AmLaw 200 firms and legal employers throughout Florida and nationally. Collaborate with career advisors to develop appropriate programming, services, and guidelines for ensuring that our students are well-prepared for interview programs. Market on-campus interview and recruitment programs to employers nationwide and educate and inform our students regarding the employers and opportunities within these programs.
Develop and implement programming and materials designed to educate and prepare law students for complex legal practice. The programming is expected, at least initially, to focus on private sector employment.
The Levin College of Law is growing and changing daily. All College of law community members are expected to perform other duties as assigned in furtherance of our strategic goals.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate years of experience; or bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience.
- J.D. degree strongly preferred.
- Process oriented leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Flexibility, the ability to manage multiple projects under pressure, and the ability to balance priorities.
- Knowledge of the legal marketplace and hiring.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, developing, and maintaining professional networks, budget management, and project management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and ability to master technology used in the office such as Symplicity and OSCAR.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Experience in and knowledge of best practices for customer relationship management (CRM) and lead management.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to collect and analyze data and provide summary reports.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have managed hiring at elite law firms, worked in a law school career services office, have experience placing associates and partners in law firms, and/or have overseen attorney professional development programs at elite law firms.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume now for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com